jueves, 22 de agosto de 2013

1989


This photographic shows two woman of fourteen and sixteen years old walking with a Chilean flag, the younger is Claudia, at the left, and her friend, Varinia, at the right. This shoot was taken by a journalist of a clandestine newspaper in March of 1989, in the annually protest march to commemorate the Women’s Day. The picture was used to write a report of the role of the women on the back to democracy and the fight for the freedom on Pinochet’s dictatorship.

My grandfather holds with him this paper since that year, because the smiling little girl who is helping to carry the flag is her first daughter, my mother.


Just a few years ago he shows me the paper, and I feel really happy by many reasons. In first time, she looked like me, and that produce me a very comfortable feel that I don’t know how to exactly explain, was a surprise that only come to me. But the gist of my happiness was the pride of knowing that my mother was a woman of convictions who fight against a dictatorship. She always has been a role model to me and this picture reminds me of all that she means.

2 comentarios:

  1. Your mother should be a great woman for go to a annually protest march to commemorate the women's day in the last year of the Pinochet's dictatorship and your grandfather is a great men for keep this photo :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It´s a controversial pic, hahahaha in a polemic decade. The woman each day must fight with the society, and his stereotypes and paradigms. Its a good photo. I see you, bye!

    ResponderEliminar